This post has a slightly different tone about Microsoft/Bing than my last blog post! Thanks to Bing Cashback I have now saved $244.33 in the past few months whilst shopping online. Last week I got an extra 25% off a brand new HP laptop (Thanks @hpdirect for the tip off) I can’t work out why 99% of people I talk to don’t know about this.
Microsoft launched Bing Cashback very shortly after they launched Bing (with Bing Shopping) as a way to hi-jack users away from the popular Google Products and draw them towards Bing (This is how I see it at least).
If you aren’t already using Bing Shopping or Google Products you are already missing out of a way to save lots of money shopping online. You simply type the product you wish to purchase and it brings back a list of all the online retailers selling that product with all the pricing information (including tax & Shipping) to show you which is the cheapest retailer. When you shop online, you shouldn’t have to pay shipping (possibly tax also….lets not go there) and these sites make this simple for you to get the best deal.
Bing Cashback now adds even more value to using site like these. Not only can you find the best price, pay no shipping and pay no tax but if you go through Bing Shopping you can get on average another 5-10% off, sometimes even more like my recent purchase at HP. (Discount varies from retailer to retailer) Bing will either send you a check or direct deposit money directly into your PayPal, Amazon Payments or bank account.
It’s as easy as this:
1. Sign up to Bing Cashback using a Windows Live ID (Your old Hotmail account that is now just collecting spam) – https://cashbackaccount.bing.com/cashback/welcome.aspx
2. Once you log in, click ‘settings‘ and complete:
- ‘Your cashback account information’
- ‘Rewards Methods’ – Using your Paypal account ensures the fastest cash back
- ‘Quick cashback program’ – This makes it even faster to get free money!
3. Start Shopping using http://www.bing.com/shopping
4. Find the product you want, for the best price and click “go to store”
- You will only get the Cashback when you go through Bing Shopping
5. A window will pop up, enter your email address associated with your Bing Cashback account.
- At this point Bing Cashback will put a cookie on your computer and you will be redirected to the product on the retailer’s website
6. Shop & complete the transaction as normal.
- You won’t get anymore Bing Cashback visual interaction at this point. All information is being sent in the background thanks to that little cookie
7. Usually within 10mins you should see your Cashback in your Bing Cashback account as ‘Pending’.
8. Money is then usually deposited in your PayPal account in between 7 to 30days
No Shipping Charges, No Tax and now Free Money…..a great way to buy more toys!!
A few tips:
- Use Internet Explorer; It seems to work better with the cookies
- When using Bing Shopping or Google Products make sure the retailer is a reputable. Just search for reviews for that retailers. Sometimes items are too cheap to be true.
- It works on eBay items also!
- I think Google Products is a better product search engine